[Lazarus] Cannot connect Firebird server

Sławomir Cabaj c-soft at wp.pl
Thu Jul 26 11:30:33 CEST 2012

W dniu 2012-07-26 10:24, Graeme Geldenhuys pisze:
> On 26 July 2012 09:07, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>> Which is pretty much what Reinier is saying in the advice you've disparaged.
>
> Nope. I agree with his last paragraph of his message - which relates
> to fbembed.dll.
>
> The earlier part of his message seems to refer to a Client/Server
> setup, and those instructions seem odd, and what I don't agree with.
> The Firebird Setup (client only option) is all you need if you want to
> connect to a Firebird server.

Firebird install path is written in win registry and on windows it
should be enough to find fbclient.dll but nevertheless it would be
better to have a possibility to point the fbclient.dll directly for
instance in IBConnection properties.
BTW: when I put Firebird path into project options / library paths
Lazarus complains it "contains unusual characters",  probably it means
"/Program Files (x86)/" dir
but it  doesn't check this path as a possible resource of fbclient.dll,
it must be in the PATH or  located in SysWOW64 dir

Sławek