[Lazarus] Building help files: the nitty-gritty

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 13:39:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 27 July 2012 21:25, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> It's also copyright, and you were very quick to point out the questionable
> status of somebody's contribution earlier in the day.

I NEVER implied that the Lazarus project must use the Kylix Help
viewer as "the lazarus help viewer". I also NEVER implied that the
Kylix Help must be copied or used verbatim as "the lazarus help".  The
suggestion was always meant as a "stop gap" option, while the Lazarus
help was non-existent.

Not to mention that you could have received a copy of the Kylix Open
Edition product - which was freely available as magazine cover CD's
etc back in 2000-2004. Kylix Open Edition - for use for developing GPL
software - is still available for download from various locations on
the internet - it's just not supported by Embarcadero any more.

> You miss my point. The proprietary viewer is NBG on Linux running on ARM,

Again, I NEVER said the Kylix Help Viewer must become the official
Lazarus help viewer. You came up with that idea all by yourself.

  - Graeme -