[Lazarus] Playing audio files - which package do you prefer?

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Sun Jul 29 21:15:37 CEST 2012

@Corpsman thanks for info about Bass. I'm reading about it and
functionality looks amazing (especially internet streaming, but this
behavior is not major right now) and is really multiplatform. But
license... I must ask authors, my player will be free (and probably
opensource), but it will have other functionality which is payable
(getting info from other web service)

@Graeme Geldenhuys: what exactly means SDL? Wiki page (
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Multimedia_Programming#SDL_.2B_SDL_mixer )
has only short note:
"The basic SDL library comes with a very simple sound system. On top
of that, SDL mixer adds more sound APIs which build a more flexible
solution". What are requirements and dependencies? What about internet
streaming (not necessary for now)?