[Lazarus] RE : Lazarus debugger location on Win x86/x64

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:25:52 CEST 2012

On 30-7-2012 14:52, Martin wrote:
> On 30/07/2012 13:31, Martin wrote:
>> On 30/07/2012 12:28, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>> Ok - patch submitted for the environment setting:
>>>
>>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22533
>>>
>>> This also needs changes for the Windows source directory that is used to
>>> build the installer...
>>>

>> Not sure what you mean by this.
>>
>> Also not sure why you patch the RemoveFiles, if you dont batch the
>> rest of the installer files?
>> Changes probably have to go into the lazarus.iss file (maybe, but
>> probably not, the batch)
>
> The new location can be set in the create_installer.bat
> The line below currently does an svn export (from the laz binaries svn).
> It can be changed. The bin directory is part of the svn, so the platform
> would go mingw/winxxx-xxx/  (bin/gdb.exe)
>

> :: copy gdb into build dir
> if exist %GDBDIR% %SVN% export %GDBDIR% %BUILDDIR%\mingw
Thanks, see my other mail.

> I can deal with the installer. but there first must be a solution for
> upgrading
I'd suggest we
1. remove existing gdb.exe from the old location
2. check if the setting in (the default?) primary config path points to
the removed gdb.exe
3. change it to the new location

We could probably reuse some code that was used during the last big
settings upgrade (0.9.31? can't remember)

Disadvantage: people with custom gdb.exe will not have it changed

Alternatively, we can just overwrite the user's debugger setting, but
that seems a bit unfriendly as they already changed the default and
presumably know what they're doing.

In both cases, non-default configs won't be touched, but I don't see any
realistic way to address that.

Regards,
Reinier