[Lazarus] Issuing debug commands from the ide.

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Fri Jun 1 14:45:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

I made a small patch for lazarus that allows to issue debugger commands in
the Evaluate/Modify window. Commands are entered as an expression starting
with a '>' character. For example evaluating '>x/20x $sp' will show you the
20 first values on the stack. When entering debug commands the result area
is not cleared but the commands issued and their results are appended to the
existing result, just as in a console gdb session.
The same syntax can also be used in a watch expression when using the
default style. The command will then be executed at every step or breakpoint
hit and the result shown in the watch window. The one line output in the
watch window limits of course what you can display.

If anybody is interested in this, I'll submit it to mantis.

Ludo