[Lazarus] A few questions

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 03:16:54 CEST 2012

Hi There,

I've been away from Laz for a few months.  And just tried the daily build
on Windows. Now having a few questions:

1) How is the status of latest Lazarus on Ubuntu?   I had very bad
experience during Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10, notable problem is Laz does not
play well with Unity global menu.

2) There is a problem with Canvas, I reported a bug already (
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22163)  Please create a new project,
add an Form.OnPaint event handler:

procedure TForm1.FormPaint(Sender: TObject);
begin
  with Canvas do begin
    Pen.Width:=1;
    Pen.Color:=clRed;
    MoveTo(0, 0);
    LineTo(100, 0);
    LineTo(0, 100);
    LineTo(0, 0);
    MoveTo(Width - 1, Height - 1);
    LineTo(Width - 101, Height - 1);
    LineTo(Width - 1, Height - 101);
    LineTo(Width - 1, Height - 1);
  end;
end;

While the program is running there are two triangles on the top left and
bottom right corner of the form.  Now you maximize the form, the 2
triangles are redrawn. But then you restore the form, the bottom triangle
is NOT drawn!

3)  I tried to use TCanvas.FloodFill, but compiler told me incorrect number
of arguments. I traced down into the fpcanvas source, the signature is
correct, I wonder if that method is implemented or not?

Thanks!
Shannon