[Lazarus] Library, Threads and Gui

SteveG steveg at nevets.com.au
Tue Jun 5 02:48:04 CEST 2012

I understand that the gui system is non-reentrant, and therefore should
not be accessed by any thread but the main one.

I am using cmem as my memory manager for both my app and library (if
thats relevant), and it would appear that the entrant thread of the
library is the same as the main app ?

So.... is it safe to read / write to gui components (I have the control
addresses) from within the library (no new threads created) without
problems ?

To summarise - can I rd/wr to form controls from within a cmem
controlled library using its main thread ?

Thanks - SteveG