[Lazarus] Using Lazarus to build a (Linux) shared library, with a form

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 11:38:15 CEST 2012

I'm struggling here. I can build a trivial (empty) .so using Lazarus
1.1+2.6.0, the only necessary manual operation being to tell the project
options to remove the (Windows-specific?) -Wr option. I can load the
result at runtime, although I've not so far put significant code into it.

As soon as use Lazarus to add a form to the project, it no longer loads.
In order to find out what's going wrong I've had to use dlerror(), i.e.
bypassing the dynlibs library since it doesn't have a function e.g.
GetLoadErrorStr(). This shows me that the low-level dlopen() is
complaining "undefined symbol: WSRegisterCustomImageList".

What do I have to manually add to the project to get this working?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk