[Lazarus] How to use DBCombobox

Koenraad Lelong lazarus1 at de-brouwerij.be
Sun Jun 17 19:15:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use a DBCombobox, but I don't know how to show all
records. Only the first record shows.
What I did :
Put an IBConnection on the form. Fill in the details.
Put an SQLTransaction on the form.
Put an SQLQuery on the form and fill in the details about the table to use.
Put a Datasource on the form.
Put a DBCombobox on the form.
To test I put a DBGrid on the form.
When I activate the SQL, I see some records filling the grid and the
first record in the DBCombobox.
When I run the application, I can navigate to all records in the grid
and I see the first record in the DBCombobox. But the drop down of the
DBCombobox shows nothing so I can't select other records than the first.

I'm using Lazarus 0.9.30.4 with FPC 2.6.0.

What am I missing ?

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong.