[Lazarus] ANN: Twitter demo application+library

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 16:59:58 CEST 2012

Hi list,

Earlier, I announced an OAuthv1 and Twitter library that uses Synapse on
the fpc and Synapse mailing lists.

I've just finished a demo application for Lazarus (fpctwitGUI) that uses
the Twitter library.

The program shows:
- connecting to Twitter with preset credentials (that you get from Twitter)
- getting public timeline (Tweets) and private timeline
- Tweeting - note: the application does not immediately show the
tweet... which might be nice.

I've still got a memory leak but it's probably a stupid mistake that I'm
sure one of you will be glad to point out to me ;)

See screenshot and details at
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Application_Gallery#fpctwitGUI

The fpctwit console-mode demo program shows connecting, getting
timelines, tweeting, but also connecting with the streaming API and
sucking down and showing tweets/deletion messages until the program is
stopped.

Source code can be found at:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpctwit

All my source code is under MIT license, so quite liberal. Commercial
use and inclusion in e.g. GPL programs is allowed.
The code uses modified FPC fpJSON units (thanks, Michael) and Synapse
units (thanks, Lukas, also for the quick commits).

Thanks,
Reinier