[Lazarus] newbie questions

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jun 1 13:30:03 CEST 2012

Marco Ciampa <ciampix at libero.it> hat am 1. Juni 2012 um 13:19 geschrieben:

> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:28:40PM +0200, Dave Coventry wrote:
> > Hi Marco,
> >
> > Lazarus is still pretty close to Delhi and I still use the help files
> > that came with my Delphi 3 installation for reference.
>
> Too bad. So for Lazarus use I have to study (and buy!) Delphi first...
> very strange situation for a free software. I understand why it is so
> but ... maybe a free documentation project could rightly fit here...
>
> Thanks for the info, I'll do some experiments...

There are already thousands of pages of documentation for FPC and Lazarus. And
there are books and forums and much more.
The Delphi 3 help files are a very good quality, most things are still correct
and some topics are better explained there (better depends on your background
and taste). There is nothing wrong to read them as an introduction, but you
should read the FPC/Lazarus docs too.

Mattias