[Lazarus] newbie questions

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:46:38 CEST 2012

Am 01.06.2012 13:08, schrieb Marco Ciampa:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 12:05:23PM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:
>>   - FreePascal is a Dos app. , really ugly as was TP 20 years ago with
>>     similar concern regarding the multiuser use with Win...
>
> I meant the FreePascal IDE that comes if you download the FreePascal
> package. Put yourself in the shoes of a student: this is FreePascal, it
> is written everywhere... may be a good idea to change the package name
> into FreePascal_IDE... but of course I know that fpc is the common
> underlying compiler of all. I was comparing IDEs...

It's not an extra package it is PART of the Free Pascal distribution
(and it's Free Pascal, not FreePascal). Also it's called "fp" already...
Also there are people that liked and still like the look and feel of the
Turbo Pascal IDE (tough I'll always prefer a good GUI like Lazarus to fp).

Regards,
Sven