[Lazarus] A few questions

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jun 2 04:00:59 CEST 2012

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 09:16:54 +0800
Xiangrong Fang <xrfang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I've been away from Laz for a few months.  And just tried the daily build
> on Windows. Now having a few questions:
>
> 1) How is the status of latest Lazarus on Ubuntu?   I had very bad
> experience during Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10, notable problem is Laz does not
> play well with Unity global menu.

Can you be more specific?

>[...]
> 3)  I tried to use TCanvas.FloodFill, but compiler told me incorrect number
> of arguments. I traced down into the fpcanvas source, the signature is
> correct, I wonder if that method is implemented or not?

The FPCanvas.FloodFill(x,y) is not implemented in the LCL. It
"reintroduces" another FloodFill(X, Y: Integer; FillColor: TColor;
FillStyle: TFillStyle). This means the compiler message is correct.

The "find declaration" ignores the "reintroduce" and finds more than
the compiler.

Just add the two parameters.

Keep in mind that FloodFill can be very slow.

Mattias