[Lazarus] Library, Threads and Gui

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 13:47:05 CEST 2012

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 06/05/2012 11:57 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>

>> What I'm hoping to do is use the library's form(s) purely for design
>> purposes, i.e. they're never displayed but instead their menu
>> structure is copied to the main program. Non-graphical backend
>> functionality would be in the library, and I've obviously got the
>> choice of attempting to control this using OnClick() etc. or by
>> passing commands in strings to be parsed.
>>
> AFAIK, (I did not use menus on that behalf, but I think it should work
> with Panels, buttons, etc), setting the parent property should "move" a
> control to new form.

Thanks and noted, although I was intending (subject to comment from
people who know what they're doing :-) to do a property-by-property copy
from the non-displayed TMenuItems in the library to the displayed ones
in the main program.

> Maybe Owner should be modified accordingly to
> prevent that the child is deleted before the new parent.

Which I suspect would be an issue where a shared library was
intentionally unloaded, although in practice it would be expedient to
make sure that anything that was likely to be recreated was removed first.

Also noted Mattias's comment that I should be able to call an event
directly, which obviously makes life much easier.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk