[Lazarus] .gitignore removed when build cleanup

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:09:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 18 June 2012 10:10, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> The output directories usually have the form lib/cpu-os/
> Is it possible to put a .gitignore in "lib"?

Yes I can, but recreating the directory structure is still going to be
a problem.

> Then you have to add the command line params manually. I guess you
> don't create them every time manually. Probably you are lazy like me

No, I use a config file that contains the compiler parameters as follows...

   fpc @settings.cfg myproject.lpr

Before Lazarus IDE had build mode support, I used the same config file
idea to differentiate between debug builds and release builds. Each
build mode had its own *.cfg file.

> fpmake creates the output directory too.

Last time I used fpmake (a year ago), there was still many issues with
it. I guess now that FPC is actually starting to use it themselves,
maybe I should take another look at it. Thanks.

  - Graeme -