[Lazarus] IDE problems when using record helper types

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 21:09:30 CEST 2012

2012/6/28 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> At the moment the codetools simply skips the "helper of" keywords.
>
> Nothing was implemented.

Should I create a feature request or is it already in the pipeline? I
assume that since the codetools can already deal with modeswitch
autoderef it is now only a matter of making it add the helper methods
to the record and the record fields to the helper and all the problems
should magically go away?

Because the more I use this syntax the more I like it. I have already
translated all my needed libpurple structs and functions into Objects
with methods but I also want to wrap some of the already existing
glib2 types from the glib2 unit that are also needed and the only way
to make it all neatly fit together and look and feel like Object
Pascal and not like C seem to be the record helpers.