[Lazarus] Adding packages at build time

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 12:18:44 CET 2012

In the fpc-pascal ML, Martin said:

 > If you work on the IDE itself try the package IdeInspector (it adds
 > itself to "view" > "Ide Internals" if installed)

Is there a "best practice" way of installing Lazarus packages at build
time, to avoid the extra time of a second build once the IDE is running
(possibly followed by another build of librarees etc. once the first
project is compiled)?

When I started using a local svn repository I patched lazsvnpkg into the
makefiles etc. which appears to work OK with fairly recent versions of
Lazarus (from around 0.9.26), but I'm not entirely happy with it since
strictly the patch should be regenerated each time in case the sources
have changed.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk