[Lazarus] upx dont work

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 6 17:38:19 CET 2012

2012/2/28 Ing. Héctor F. Fiandor Rosario <hfiandor at infomed.sld.cu>:

> when i tried to execute, a message appears telling "the
> configuration is not good and maybe reinstalling the application can work".

I don't know what the concrete problem with upx is but the error
message really means that windows cannot find one of the dlls
referenced in one of the the manifest files or the manifests of
referenced dlls, it can happen even if all dlls are installed where
they belong (or where you think they might belong) and only some minor
version number mismatch or some wrong paths or file names, it's one of
the symptoms of MS DLL-Hell V2.0 and is following the well known
Microsoft tradition of clear and precise and meaningful error
messages.