[Lazarus] FPC cross compiling

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Mon Mar 26 09:52:06 CEST 2012

Hi all.

I want to turn my current Lazarus installation to cross-compile for
Linux. The current environment is:
- openSuse 12.1 x86_64
- FPC 2.4.4 x86_64
- Lazarus 0.9.31 x86_64
I want to compile for Linux i386 too.

I have dowloaded & installed ppc386 and compiled fpc basics using:
0. # cd /usr/share/fpcsrc/rtl/linux
1. # make all CPU_TARGET=i386
a lot of warnings but all ran OK, then
2. # make install CPU_TARGET=i386
same for fpc packages
got *.ppu in /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.4.4/units/i386-linux and not in
/usr/lib64/fpc/2.4.4/units/i386-linux as I expected.
no problem I moved from one directory to the second one
aprarently all rtl units have been compiled.
same thing with Makefile in /usr/share/fpcsrc/packages with same result:
move all ppu
Is it some variable to play with that I missed ?
After this I compiled the Lazarus components and packages until I could
compile my project itself
All i386 lib folders appear to be OK so I have now in lib folders two
subfolder named "i386-linux" and x86_-64-linux".
So far so good. But when compiling the project I get an error from the
linker:
"Error: Error while linking" without any other explanation and a new
created tab page in the editor whose name is the proejct name and, on
the first lines this text:
‘•%¬
which look like binary data and followed by the compiler warnings.
The reference is on this wiki page:
"http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling"
At this point I wonder is I did everything I need

Is it serious, doctor ?

Antonio.