[Lazarus] Wiki Search vs Index

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:05:49 CET 2012

2012/3/1 John Repucci :

> Ah - silly me.  All this time I have been using "Wiki Search".
> Search for "virtual"
> Index returned: 11
> Wiki Search returned: 186

As usual, the wiki returns rubbish, 100% of the time!

eg:  Go to the Index page, type in "freebsd" (without the quotes).
Make sure Main is select in the ComboBox, and click Go.  You get lots
or results [and you think cool, this works. Well, not really.]. Click
on the "tiOPF" result. Now do a search [using your web browser's
search function] for the word "freebsd". The tiOPF wiki page doesn't
mention ANYWHERE the word "freebsd". WTF?

What's the point of having a search or index when it always spits out garbage!

  - Graeme -