[Lazarus] Contribute to a book instead of wiki?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:03:32 CET 2012

On 1-3-2012 16:54, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
>
>>> Essentially the same problem: where to search for existing
>>> documentation?
>> I don't really see your problem.
>>
>> What do you mean with "existing documentation"? Link/refer from the book
>> to the wiki and vice versa.
>
> Okay, so far, but how many documentation sources will be linked, and how
> to determine which of these links to follow? Scattering information into
> many places is not a good idea, when it comes to searching for specific
> topics.

Well, I don't know but saying there's more information to be found at
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal would be sufficient... but it's not up to me.

And I DON'T mean to suggest you should write part of a book with links
to the wiki all over the place. Otherwise, why write a book ;)

You complained the wiki is a poor format to store help in, so I just
wanted to show you an alternative: put your information in a book.
That's all.

Regards,
Reinier