[Lazarus] Options dialog filter

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 23:32:02 CET 2012

2012/3/3 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>

> 1) It keeps the current frame visible, even if it does not match. That
> means a frame, that is not in the Tree is visible

I improved it. There is still a bug in TreeView. A Node's selection is
removed when it is hidden (Visible:=False) but it does not work.
TreeView.Selected still returns the old selection. Must be debugged at some
time.
Anyway it is pretty OK now.

I also fixed the splitter issue mentioned earlier.

2) It would be good to also search list/tree in the frames, like
> - the names of colors on "env" > "Form Editor"
> - the names of colors on Editor>Colors
> - keymapping
> - editor/codefolding
> - debugger general, property grid (same on "help")
> - dbg, exception list
>
> 2b)
> - dropdowns/checkboxes are searched, but not highlighted
> - same for group-boxes / toolbar buttons

There was a simple search in Caption strings.
Now I gave special treatment to ListBoxes, although their items are not
colored yet.
TreeViews and Grids are tricky, they need much work.
In fact the FilterEdit is filtering a TreeView but now we find other
TreeViews under the component hierarchy.
SynEdit can't be used in IdeOptionsIntf at all because the dependency is to
wrong direction. It should be refactored somewhere else.

CheckBoxes and GroupBoxes are highlighted at least on Linux + GTK2. Maybe a
widgetset issue.

3) does not search text in radio buttons (e.ge Editor/ mouse)

It does here.

4)
> Hints are not searched

That would be confusing wouldn't it?

Could you please look at
 TAbstractIDEOptionsEditor.ContainsTextInCaption
You may know how to search and highlight some of the controls.

About the optimization, I don't think it is worth the extra complication.
Iterating the controls is pretty fast.
Maybe later when there is nothing else to do...

Juha