[Lazarus] Adding packages at build time

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Mar 7 20:54:37 CET 2012

On 3/5/2012 05:42, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> No.
> There is currently no command line tool to change the list of install
> packages. lazbuild takes the list from the same place as the IDE -
> your config directory.
> The parameter --build-ide takes additional compiler options. Like
> debugger settings, verbosity, checks or defines. To compile an IDE with
> your current list of installed packages use
>
> lazbuild --build-ide=

i want to make sure i am understanding this completely... i've been using the
wiki's install FPC and Lazarus from SVN methods for a while... i even
contributed a little bit to that page... anyway, i currently have the following
script...

=============== snip ===============
@echo off
echo %0 executing...

:setvars
if "%myFPCver%"      == "" set myFPCver=2.4.5
if "%myFPCpath%"     == "" set myFPCpath=c:\freepascal\fpc\%myFPCver%
if "%myLAZpath%"     == "" set myLAZpath=c:\freepascal\laz
if "%myFPCbinutils%" == "" set myFPCbinutils=c:\freepascal\binutils
if "%myFPCpathset%"  == "TRUE" goto pathok
   set PATH=%myFPCbinutils%\i386-win32;%myFPCpath%\bin\i386-win32;%PATH%
   set myFPCpathset=TRUE
:pathok

echo before update, make clean...
cd %myLAZpath%
make clean
echo make clean complete...

echo updating lazarus from svn...
TortoiseProc /command:update /path:"%myLAZpath%"
echo svn update complete...

echo compiling lazarus...
rem cd %myLAZpath%
rem make clean all OPT="-glw2"
echo lazarus compilation complete...

:end
echo %0 execution complete!
pause
=============== snip ===============

if i am understanding correctly, i can take the "echo compiling lazarus" section
and fix it up like this??

echo compiling lazarus...
cd %myLAZpath%
lazbuild --build-ide=
echo lazarus compilation complete...

and it will be the same thing as if i started lazarus and used the tools->build
lazarus option?

if one has several build lazarus options in place, can lazbuild be told to use a
certain one? eg: i have normal, debug and optimized build options...

getting the command building of lazarus working has been on my todo list since a
long time... if this is the way, then i will finally be able to open a command
prompt, type updatelaz, hit enter and go get my coffee while it churns out one
(or three different) new lazarus exe(s) for me :)