[Lazarus] Multiple installations of Lazarus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 17:53:57 CET 2012

Martin wrote:
> On 08/03/2012 15:57, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> I think what would be really useful would be a redirect, i.e. the IDE
>> first looks at e.g. ~/.lazarus and if it sees ~/.lazarus/redirect it
>> expands macros in the line it contains to have the same effect as -pcp.
>>

> The version as macro on the path, will break if people update that
> installation

But things already do break if moving between versions- I might be
moving over a more extreme span than most (in order to be able to
compile for GTK etc.) but I fairly regularly find myself deleting
~/.lazarus.

> And it does not help, if you have twice the same version

If the redirect file contains a single line like
~/.lazarus-$LAZVER-$FPCVER the worst that will happen is that the user
will have to consent to it being created from a template.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk