[Lazarus] Adding packages at build time

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Mar 8 18:36:58 CET 2012

On 3/7/2012 18:20, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 14:54:37 -0500
> waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>> echo compiling lazarus...
>> cd %myLAZpath%
>
> make clean lazbuild OPT="-glw2"
>
>> lazbuild --build-ide=
>> echo lazarus compilation complete...

ok... still trying to fully understand... sorry :(

are you saying that i should have the following? (the OPTS are taken from the
options in the attached Debug IDE screen shot)

echo compiling lazarus...
cd %myLAZpath%
make clean lazbuild OPT="-gw -gl -godwarfsets -gh -gt -Co -Cr -Ci -Sa"
echo lazarus compilation complete...

those are for my "Debug IDE" but i don't want all those options for the
optimized and normal IDEs... in fact, those OPT options do not exist in the
normal profile and they are different in the optimized profile...

>> and it will be the same thing as if i started lazarus and used the tools->build
>> lazarus option?
>>
>> if one has several build lazarus options in place, can lazbuild be told to use a
>> certain one? eg: i have normal, debug and optimized build options...
>
> No.
> But you can pass the options in --build-ide="your options".

alright... having read over this numerous times, like this then???

echo compiling lazarus...
cd %myLAZpath%
echo   Debug IDE
make clean lazbuild --build-ide="-gw -gl -godwarfsets -gh -gt -Co -Cr -Ci -Sa"
copy lazarus.exe lazarus-debug.exe
echo   Normal IDE
make clean lazbuild --build-ide=
copy lazarus.exe lazarus-normal.exe
echo   Optimized IDE
make clean lazbuild --build-ide="-O2 -g- -Xs"
copy lazarus.exe lazarus-optimized.exe
echo lazarus compilation complete...

so what about the "DEBUG" and "VERBOSE" check boxes? and the all important
"update revision.inc"?