[Lazarus] Setting clipboard on Linux adds ending #0

cobines cobines at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 19:00:29 CET 2012

2012/3/9 zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net>:
> Yeah, just try to copy something from openoffice under X11 and paste it into
> qt application (or to win32 app running under wine) and you'll see problem
> (and that comes from gtk2).
>
> My wild guess is that #0 was added because of gtk2.
>
> I'll fix qt in any case ... .whatever you put at the end, but who will fix
> gtk2 or carbon ?

I don't understand what you mean, because for me copying from
OpenOffice to native QT app, or to Windows notepad under wine doesn't
give any problems. I have GTK 2.24.10, QT 4.7.4, wine 1.1.36.

I have checked 25 programs, copying from them and pasting to Lazarus
app, and copying from Lazarus app to them, and there was no
difference, whether trailing #0 was added by LCL or not. I tried
Lazarus app built with LCLGTK2 and then with LCLQT.

Also none of the programs I checked, except for AbiWord, added
trailing zero to the text copied to clipboard. I checked directly with
X using XConvertSelection.

--
cobines