[Lazarus] Project activity

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Mar 12 11:45:31 CET 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012, José Mejuto wrote:

> Hello Lazarus-List,
>
> Sunday, March 11, 2012, 7:54:47 PM, you wrote:
>
>>> Is there any package or something that add working in project time
>>> counters ? Something that shows the time spend in a project.
> MVC> I have such a program, written in Lazarus.
> MVC> It is not directly connected to a lazarus project.
> MVC> It's a small app that sits in the tray, and can be used to manage project time.
> MVC> If there is interest, I can donate it to the Lazarus community. It also serves
> MVC> as a nice example of how to program Lazarus and tiOPF.
>
> It would be great if I can put an eye on it to decide if it matches my
> needs. I'm quite disorganizated in my project development as I need to
> jump from one to other several times each day and it is quite
> difficult to track the time consumed in each one.

This is exactly the same reason why I developed the tool :-)

It also keeps a todo list and a list of interruptions.
(the helpdesk walks in and out of my office, which I started tracking to
prove that this practice costs me 1.5 hours a day.)

I posted the project at
http://www.freepascal.org/~michael/timetrack.zip

You'll need tiOPF and a database server.
I use (and recommend) Firebird, but changing it to something
else takes about 2 lines of code.

The included time.sql file creates the database.

Michael.