[Lazarus] Dockable IDE

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Mar 17 22:26:18 CET 2012

On 17/03/2012 21:04, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:49:07 +0000
> Martin<lazarus at mfriebe.de>  wrote:
>
>> On 17/03/2012 20:29, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>> Then fix the page restore bug.
>>> Then saving/restoring the bounds of the floating windows
>>> (anchordocking).
>>>
>> On that part, I wondered why the old layout stuff was totally abandoned.
> ?
The classes in ideintf\idewindowintf.pas

>> Even in docking, a user might want to specify fixed positions (maybe
>> undocked) for some windows, and restore last bounds for others.
>> Could the objects for the layout not have been extended?
> Yes, I think that should be added to the anchordocking dockmaster.
But then an user config would be desired.

This is currently in the options / env / window

It allows to set if a column (or splitter) has a fixed width (always the
same width if IDE starts), or restores last width

>> It also adds additional (still to be done) work, for restoring column
>> width info (currently used by debug windows).
>>
>> Since there is an obvious relation between the widths of columns (in a
>> list on a window) and the window size, the column width is stored with
>> the layout....
> Yes, and splitters.

Every form can register any amount of "widths" (or heights or splitter pos)