[Lazarus] Lazarus 64 bits and Firebird !

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 00:16:30 CET 2012

On 17 March 2012 08:27, Richard Mace  wrote:

> It looks like the latest version of the tiOPF components is back in 2008, is
> that the case, or are there some more recent ones?

Definitively not! You probably looked at the last "released version"
available for download from SourceForge. That is very old - I actually
need to delete all those files, because it just confuses everybody.
I'm a core tiOPF developer. We long ago stopped creating "released
versions" of tiOPF. We have over 1800+ unit tests run every 3 hours
using various platforms and compilers to make sure the Trunk branch is
ALWAYS in a 100% working condition. I can count on one hand the amount
of bugs that got past the unit tests in the last few years. And when
they are detected, they are fixed before the next test run, and the
unit tests are updated to prove that it was fixed.

So to use tiOPF, simply grab the latest code directly from the source
code repository. Use the tiOPF2 branch - that's the one working with
FPC. This is all documented on the FPC / Lazarus wiki as well.

  - Graeme -