[Lazarus] lazbuild build IDE profiles

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Mar 20 04:26:45 CET 2012

On 3/16/2012 04:31, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:25:48 -0400
> waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>
>> On 3/14/2012 19:14, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>> lazbuild can now compile an IDE with its build profiles.
>>
>> YAY! i think ;) if i'm understanding the correctly, it stems from our
>> conversation(s) recently about compiling laz from the command line and being
>> able to use the same settings as those set in the "tools ->  compile laz with X" ???
>
> Yes.

excellent news!

>>> To compile the IDE with its standard profile use
>>> lazbuild --build-ide=
>>
>> which one is the "standard" profile?
>
> I meant the selected in the IDE.

ok... there is an already set default if/when one pulls from SVN? are there more
than one available by default from SVN?

>>> To compile the IDE with another profile use
>>> lazbuild --build-ide= --build-mode=profile2
>>
>> so, do we use double quotes for profile names containing spaces?
>>
>>     eg: lazbuild --build-ide --build-mode="Debug IDE"
>
> Use whatever your shell allows.

mmmmm... ok... for my "current" shell, i'm using the command interpreter on
W2KPro... another is vista... my main destination with my projects is OS/2 Warp
3 with the 4DOS and 4OS2 extensions added... outside of that, that destination
has the original workspace presentation manager... but i'm not targeting GUI
apps at all at this time...

>> is this also case sensitive or is
>>
>>    eg: lazbuild --build-ide --build-mode="debug ide"
>>
>> the same as above?
>
> Thanks for pointing out. There was a bug. It is now case insensitive.

;)

>>> The --build-ide=<options>   are now added to options, instead of
>>> replacing them.
>>
>> i'm assuming that this refers to the build options in the GUI screen?
>
> Yes.

ok... i think i see... will have to test and log to fully follow what i think
i'm understanding ;)

>> something else: how can i find the svn revision number of the code being used so
>> as to be able to copy the resulting lazarus.exe to something like
>> lazarus_debug-r57345.exe (from memory) so that they are grouped and sorted properly?
>
> Maybe you mean tools/svn2revisioninc.lpi or perhaps ide/revision.inc.

yes... in the process that creates or updates this info, perhaps there can be a
small script that can be called that sets an environment variable which can be
read and used by an initiating script such as that which is described in the
wiki and which i also use?

>> something else^2: it would be very beneficial to have the fpc revision number
>> available as well... especially in the laz splash critter and the laz help/about
>> critter ;)
>
> The compiler does not provide this information.

yes, it is like that now but so was lazarus some time back ;)

perhaps a similar capability can be built into the FPC make process? it would go
a long way to making things easier for folk to report the versions of FPC and
lazarus that they are using... it would definitely make things easier :)