[Lazarus] Why does a project have to be open?

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 07:31:42 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Ajeandro Gonzalo
<parkingspace26 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You've never heard anyone say Lazarus can be unstable or unusable?  There has been such messages from others.

Generic statements like "unstable" or "unusable" mean nothing, the
cause could be anything, even a faulty HD. Basing any decision on that
would be a rumor-based software development =D not a very good idea.

>  And since others have also said always having to have a project open whether you want to or not is annoying,
> why not get rid of this unneeded "feature" even if you're certain it's benign?

The only feature which could be removed here is the entire "Close
project" menu item. I don't see any other feature which could be
removed. The dialog cannot be removed alone without removing the menu
item because it is what the menu item does. So what you really want is
a new feature: project-less IDE. This is a volunteer based project, if
noone is interrested in implementing the feature that you want, or
won't implement as fast as you want, you can always send a patch.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho