[Lazarus] Grouping radio buttons

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:34:11 CET 2012

On 20 March 2012 03:34, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at a....> wrote:

> Buttons in a panel or RadioGroupBox instead are naturally perceivable as
> related.

That is highly dependent on the UI layout. For a clean and uncluttered
look, panels don't help the cause much. Having component free from
bounding panels, also allow for much more flexibly layout when things
are being resized by the end-user, dpi changes, themes changes,
dynamic content added at runtime (eg: help text inserted and pushing
component apart temporarily) etc... We don't live in boxes or grids
(hopefully <smile>), so why should our UI components.

  - Graeme -