[Lazarus] RE : Lazarus crashing reproducibly on startup (64-bitLinux)

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 08:45:37 CET 2012

brian wrote:

> This is the Debian-based version of Mint. Standard Mint is Ubuntu-based
> but the Debian version is for those who prefer a rolling distribution.
> AFAIK, the current build is based on Debian Wheezy.
>
> I've tried downloading the svn version, and there's some problem with
> libgdb.a, I can't even get FPC to build, let alone Lazarus. There are
> YARDS of undefined globals. I finally got an answer from someone on the
> FPC list (after just being told "fix your GDB") and I'm trying to work
> my way through that at the moment.

Granted that not all messages get through our gateway, but is that the
thread from October last year? I only ask because your recounting of
that advice does sound somewhat... brutal.

I fairly regularly build both FPC trunk and the current release on
multiple platforms (but markedly /not/ on x86-64) and in many cases drop
libgdb from FPC since it's only required for the fp IDE. Looking at your
list of undefineds, I think the right question would have been "how can
I build a vanilla libgdb that doesn't require a whole lot of Python
libraries etc."- and I'm afraid that's one for the gdb developers rather
than us.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk