[Lazarus] Size of binaries etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 22:02:39 CET 2012

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>> I did some tests here and I guess this is simply the normal size of an
>> app if you use ComCtrls. 1,5MB was for a minimal app with a form and
>> some buttons. ComCtrls alone adds 1MB You can check this in the menu
>> Project->Show used ppu files (might be 0.9.31+ only).

Can't see it in trunk. Is it from an optional package?

> I get rather larger here but I'll take another look at that later-
> thanks for the "Show used" hint.

Brought trunk up to date, compiled with 2.6.0. FPC itself is compiled
with -O- -gl, ld is version 2.20.1.

On Linux x86 (Debian "Squeeze") with gtk2, freshly-created minimal
project with full optimisation, no debug, optimise for minimum size and
smart linking comes to 3,459,960 bytes.

That's... such a disparity from what I've been told to expect that I'd
appreciate any suggestions as to where I should be looking for problems.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk