[Lazarus] SVN update conflicts

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 11:47:50 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

>> How do you suppose that something compiled on a 64 bit Linux/gtk2
>> machine shall be used on a 32 bit Windows machine?
>
> Via cross compiling.

Please stop kidding :-(

How do the contributors to the repository know about *my* machine?

> Have you looked into a Makefile.compiled file?

Yes, and obviously these have been altered by a local "make" or other
operation. E.g. my Makefile.compiled and .fpc contains "-dDoDi", so that
both SVN and "make" are fooled when the versioned file contains
different information about the compiled files. This became obvious only
when SVN could not merge the local and remote versions of some of these
auto-generated files.

DoDi