[Lazarus] Size of binaries etc.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:14:16 CET 2012

On 22 March 2012 13:04, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho  wrote:

> You can test for yourself
> lazarus-ccr/applications/lazclock/lazclock.lpi against LCL-CustomDrawn

You cheated - the clock face is a PNG image. ;-)

Here is a quick fpGUI version. :)  Added features includes:
anti-aliased line drawing for the clock arms. For good measure, I also
added slight alpha blending (transparency) so you can see where the
clock arms cross each other.

   http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/~graemeg/fpGUI_Clock.png

Next I'll work on recreating the clock face in pure Canvas painting
routines (no PNG background image). I've always wanted a "clock demo"
in fpGUI - what toolkit doesn't have a clock demo. :-D

PS:
Your clock demo crashes on my system when I run it, because it looks
for the PNG file somewhere else in the system, instead of the current
working directory 'skins'. Yes, when deploying an app, it is good
practice to use the system resource folders, but for demos, they are
normally self contained, so use local resources.

  - Graeme -