[Lazarus] ETL tool - make or use?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Mon Mar 26 15:04:35 CEST 2012

Hi again,

at first thanks for all the input. Summing up it boils down to hacking
together some quick lines is the most used option - which I agree with
in the end. Although those tasks pop up quite often in my todo list, it
is still not enough to make something bigger and better.

In the past I had some good result using OpenAdaptor, there are three
basic scripts that have been used a couple of times with slight
modifications each. Once used to swing and witing programs  as xml
configuration it is very easy and quickly done. Especially there are
lots of good documentation and examples for getting up to speed.

But for now, where posgres isn't usable, I'm hosed.

Would that be object pascal code I'd have been able to fix it myself,
for Java I would have to setup a new development environment. And that's
the way to go now, hacking some pascal code. ;)

Many thanks for all valuable input,
Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>