[Lazarus] FCL-web and bandwidth usage

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 15:39:47 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>

So has anybody done some bandwidth breakdowns of there FCL-web based

> websites or web applications? How do you fare?

I have an entire cloud platform developed in FPC/Lazarus and studied my
framework and the impact code size has to do with low-bandwidth.  Latency
was dramatically reduced by two ways.  The single largest impact was the
use of the deflate compression methods for all calls via core objects.
 Deflate adds a compression layer on top of the http packet.  So
contentlength is reduced , inflated and then processed by the client or
server.

The second is javascript development.  You should make sure you can re-use
code wherever possible..

The core system in my platform is similar to fpweb but my sockets implement
is a custom engine I've developed over the course of 14 years.  But knowing
how fpweb is handling requests adding a Deflate option for
requests/responsces would be simple and highly beneficial to all parties
using fpWeb.