[Lazarus] FCL-web and bandwidth usage

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Mar 27 17:48:40 CEST 2012

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:
 > Javascript is not something you can avoid. People have come to expect a
 > certain functionality from a website, which can only be delivered with
 > Javasvript. If you don't provide it, your product will not sell. It's
as simple as that.

I doubt that. Just the opposite: A web page which uses scripting will
not be displayed when NoScript is on. So you don't reach all possible
customers. In the past I often prefered web shops that worked without
scripting to others that required it. And these shops prooved that
scripting is not needed to provide the essential things in the web:
Information. Those who just want to view TV should do so. And those who
want to play games should do so too. I just want information in a clear
and fast way. If someone wants to sell me something just inform me about
the product but don't play unmeaningless videos or such garbage.