[Lazarus] FCL-web and bandwidth usage

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 23:00:30 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Personally I still think Java applets (or Java apps launched via the
> web) are way better than web apps. They can be cached locally for
> quick launches in the future, way more responsive, full featured with
> the whole Java API at there disposal and the identical code can be
> used for desktop application versions too. But that's just my 2c on
> the subject. ;-)

Javascript is by far the most efficient way to implement cloud apps.  Just
so you know... Web browsers can do cache control - and - web applications
can have a cache manifest file which causes the browser to maintain it's
own copies of files and even tell the browser when to bypass cache (for
back-end system calls)