[Lazarus] FPC & Lazarus installation including cross compiling from source

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Wed Mar 28 11:01:49 CEST 2012

Le 27/03/2012 17:17, patspiper a écrit :
> This is related to bug 0021580: Feature request: Robust IDE
> cross-compiling.
>
> With Lazarus 1.0 being closer than ever, and with the availability of
> different Linux scripts to compile FPC from source (including cross
> compilation), maybe the time has come to have an automated installer
> that does all that, including the compilation of the cross binutils.
Absolutely :-*
I've tried a few days ago to have a crosscompiler on Linux for i386 and
x86_64: I failed to compile for i386, Lazarus installed as x86_64
native. Something was still missing.

> The complement for Lazarus would be the ability to import/export the
> default project options with build modes. My default build modes
> include Default, Linux/i386, Win32/i386, Linux/arm, and WinCE/arm.
Same for me. It would be delightful to have a script, or maybe better a
package installer (debian .deb or rpm) for each supported
cross-compilation architecture.

> The 1st base question that comes to mind is: What is the optimal
> folder structure to contain FPC with different versions, lazarus, the
> cross binutils, and all related sources?
>
> Stephano

The current wiki pages do not give enough information about the
installation process of another target into a functional Lazarus
installation. On another hand I think it is more a task for the FPC
development team than Lazarus one.  But still, as they work hand in hand
(I guess), I think it is a Lazarus task as well. Although I'm not a
submarine ( 8-) ) developer I can give some of my time to help in this
process.

Antonio.