[Lazarus] Decision required WRT dragging

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 09:26:26 CEST 2012

Paul Ishenin schrieb:
> 29.03.2012 6:14, Paul Ishenin wrote:
>
>> 28.03.12 23:23, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>>> Currently dragging is broken in the LCL, see Mantis #18525. Currently
>>> any attempt to undock a docked window makes at least a Windows
>>> application hang, in an unusable state, until a *different* application
>>> is activated by the user.
>
> Also about broken dragging.
>
> I create a small application: Form1 with Panel with DockSite = True,
> Form2 with DragKind = dkDock, DragMode = dmAutomatic. I included
> LDockTree into the uses section.
>
> The application perfecly docks and undocks the second form using mouse.

It also works perfectly with the EasyDockManager.

> So I conclude that Docking is broken not in LCL but in non-LCL drag
> managers (e.g. those from examples directory).

Your conclusions are wrong :-(

1) The choice of the DockManager does *not* affect the dragging
behaviour of an application.

2) The example is too simple, it also works with a different DockManager.

Try again with a reasonable example, where the misbehaviour can be
observed, e.g. with the IDE.

DoDi