[Lazarus] FPC & Lazarus installation including cross compiling from source

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:56:14 CEST 2012

On 29 March 2012 10:13, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at ...> wrote:

> IMO the most critical point is the memory configuration. VMs tend to use

I think so too. I never starve my host OS from memory. I have 4GB
installed in my system. My host OS (Ubuntu 10.04) uses on average 45%
of that for day-to-day us, so that leaves 2GB for VM sessions (guest
OSes). As I mentioned, I normally allocate 512MB to 1GB to a guest OS
session, so that still leaves 1GB spare for my host OS.

I also normally only allocate one CPU core for a VM session to access,
again leaving 3 cores for the host OS. I also never limit the VM
session's CPU usage (called 'Execution Cap' in VirtualBox) - I leave
that at 100% because it only has access to one of my CPU cores anyway.

Obviously it is also vital to install the VirtualBox Guest Additions
to improve guest OS performance. This makes a huge difference too.

  - Graeme -