[Lazarus] Decision required WRT dragging

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Fri Mar 30 00:17:51 CEST 2012

30.03.12 5:24, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> So what should happen in such a case, where the developer didn't observe
> the rules? Should it be considered a fatal bug, and raise an exception?

It is a normal situation when something is docked and have DragKind <>
dkDock even I have no chance do undock it by mouse. If it works so it
means that developer make it work so. It is useful in some situations
and moreover I use this in my work projects when I want for example to
integrate some form which may be a dialog in some cases into another
form panel.

So when form is manually docked with DragKind <> dkDock is not a bug in
LCL and LCL should not change this property.

If you oversve that some docked form should be undocked via mouse in IDE
please change this in IDE.

>> You need to find the control which changes the capture diring the drag
>> and fix this control code.
>
> What do you need more than setting an breakpoint?

Why should I do this if IDE docking has not 1.0 target?

That was your patch. The patch had target 0.99 and I reviewed it. The
patch is wrong. If you want to fix IDE docking problems please submit
another patch which does not break LCL behavior.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin