[Lazarus] Own component - problem with default published property

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Wed May 16 15:46:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

I think this is a bug, but I want to be sure.
Referring to this wiki:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/How_To_Write_Lazarus_Component#Enhancing_mycom.pas
I created own control. In constructor I changed Style from default
csDropDown to csDropDownList. I published this property, because user
can change this value in object inspector. This works fine until user
change style back to default csDropDown. In design I see that is
changed to csDropDown, but when I run program, style is csDropDownList
(which I set in constructor). This problem occur only when I change
style back to default, other styles like csSimple or csOwnerDrawFixed
works fine. I tested this on other controls with different types
(tested on enumtype and integer), same problem - can't change to
default in runtime. I created own enum type - same problem, but when
property doesn't have default value then I can change to each kind.

Regards, sorry for my english.

Lazarus from SVN, revision 37049M from 2012-04-29
FPC 2.6.0 stable
Ubuntu 12.04 64bit GTK2