[Lazarus] lazbuild --build-ide= --addpackage bla.lpk?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri May 25 10:58:57 CEST 2012

On 23-4-2012 15:13, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> hat am 23. April 2012
> um 13:19 geschrieben:
>
>> On 23-4-2012 12:49, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> > Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> hat am 23. April 2012
>> > um 11:45 geschrieben:
> others
> something like
>>
>> Thanks Mattias,
>>
>> Hope I'm not displaying too much ignorance here, but here goes:
>>
>> > 1. the syntax for long options is
>> >
>> > --paramname=<value>
>> Got it.
>>
>> > 2. addpackage makes sense for projects too, so lazbuild without
>> > --build-ide is ambiguous.
>> Do you mean adding a package based on the project you're compiling with
>> lazbuild?
>

> Yes. You don't need to implement this now. Just keep this in mind that
> it might eventually be added.
>

>> > 3. Both should be possible:
>> >
>> > --addpackage=<pkgname>
>> ... so this would just add an already compiled package to the list of
>> packages to be installed, right?
>

> No. If the package was not compiled lazbuild compiles it.
>
> A package name is enough. The lpi only contains names too.

Patch in mantis 22128

When developing this, it seemed more natural to use the existing
mechanism of specifying filenames (for projects/packages) to also allow
package names, so the patch also extends support for compiling package
by name (i.e. lazbuild rx instead of lazbuild
c:\development\somewhere\rx.lpk). Hope this can find favour ;)

Thanks,
Reinier