[Lazarus] MS SQL Connector Icon and ms icon, logo, images, ( you name it ) license.

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu May 10 07:39:25 CEST 2012

On 9-5-2012 22:46, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi Dimitrios,

>   today i checked out, after a long time, lazarus trunk ( i usually work
> with fixes 2 6 ) and after i choose the sqldb tab, i noticed the ms sql
> icon. Because i didn't like it much and had some free time, i opened
> Gimp and tried to do something different.

Thanks. As I mentioned in the bug report, my skills definitely do not
lay in graphic design, so better looking icons would be very welcome. If
you have a replacement for the Sybase icon, be my guest as well ;)

> After LacaK2's comment in the 0021578 bug which states
>> For graphic for MS SQL, look at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/web/media/icons/sql-icon.png [^
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/web/media/icons/sql-icon.png>]
>> I do not know if we can use graphic motif or there are any licence
>> restrictions

>> *Icons may not be used* in advertising, [...] *in software applications*, in television programs, in
> Just for your information.

I suspected that before I looked at the link ;)
Thanks for confirming it.

Thanks,
Reinier