[Lazarus] RE : RE : TRichMemo and current Lazarus

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Fri May 18 13:41:16 CEST 2012

> I've added RichMemoFactory in the  uses  statements that have
> RichMemo,
> but I'm now getting things like
>
> config.pas(1,1) Fatal: Unit RichMemoFactory searched but
> RichMemo found
>
> Because I'm not adding the RichMemo using the IDE, it doesn't
> appear in
> the main project source file. I've not tried adding the directory
> containing the RichEdit to any of my paths, since Googling earlier
> suggested this was a Really Bad Idea.
>
> Can anybody tell me what obvious point I'm missing? :-)

You have to add the paths to richmemo and richmemo/gtk2 to the unit file
search path (-Fu) or the path to richmemo/lib/xyz-linux/ to the libraries
search path (-Fl). The latter only works if the richmemo was compiled before
(installed the package in the IDE .fe).

Don't know why this would be a Really Bad Idea. The unit path could lead to
lazarus rebuilding when you do a full build of your project which won't
happen when using the library path.

Ludo