[Lazarus] usability: please not focus the messages window, only bring to front

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Mon May 21 16:24:03 CEST 2012

2012/5/21 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> Focus should be in source editor.
> It works here.

Maybe it depends on the window manager. I have recently switched to
Xubuntu. I am observing this since months and I'm not really sure if
it changed because Lazarus changed or because it does not work because
of xfwm4.

Are there any explicit focus switches in the code or does it simply
rely on the fact that the window manager might do the "right" thing on
its own? Can you point me to the places in the code where this would
have to happen, so I can do some experiments and maybe explicitly
force the focus back to the source editor at the right moment? I am
willing to patch it because this has reached a level of annoyance for
me that it totally distracts me from solving my actual coding
problems.

Bernd