[Lazarus] usability: please not focus the messages window, only bring to front

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Mon May 21 17:10:55 CEST 2012

On Monday 21 of May 2012 17:02:49 michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2012, zeljko wrote:

> >> In my experience, focus handling of the IDE on linux is seriously messed
> >> up. It has never worked decently. I spend a lot of time looking for all
> >> the various IDE windows :/ (and that's on a Kubuntu, not Xubuntu)
> >
> > Kubuntu ? Have you tried focus stealing prevention on/off ?
>
> Never tried. But now I set it to 'off'.
>
> At first sight, it does not change anything.
>
> I expect that if I activate the main Lazarus window, that all other windows
> are also activated. This is not so (although I'm not sure it is supposed to
> happen in Lazarus ?).

Are you joking ? If you activate main lazarus window then only active window
is lazarus main window. There's no chance to have 2 active windows of same
application at the same time (we'll it is if TCustomForm.Active says that it's
active but really it isn't).

> In each case, when compiling, the messages window is neither raised nor
> focused.

Qt and gtk2 raises active window and they will not focus anything explicitly.
If LCL says please focus that control, then control will be focused.BUT if you
focus message window (eg. by mouse click) and next time when it's raised it's
possible that it'll grab focus, but again because of lcl I guess.

zeljko